The University of Waterloo has joined the eduroam international educational institution WiFi access exchange program. I am very happy about this, since eduroam uses good WPA2+RADIUS authentication instead of stupid captive portal stuff. Since I had to do some research to figure out how to connect from my N900, I thought I would share that here.
- Go to Settings > Internet connections > Connections > New
- Select WPA with EAP for security.
- EAP type: PEAP
- Certificate: none
- EAP method: EAP MSCHAPv2
- User name: email@example.com
- Password: Your Quest password
- Hit “Advanced”
- Go to the EAP tab
- Check the box “Use manual user name” and enter firstname.lastname@example.org again
The last three steps are the extra part. I go this information from this thread. I have no idea what the difference is between a “manual user name” and the username that is part of the login prompt. Maybe someone else knows?